Soup is my favorite. I really like this easy shrimp bisque recipe. I served it with a salad. Not necessarily a perfect flavor pairing, but I just fix what I like. :)
- 1lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 TBLspoons butter
- 2 (14oz each) cans organic chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can Stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup half and half
- Cut shrimp into small pieces; set aside. In a large saucepan, cook onion, celery, and carrot in butter until onion is tender.
- Add shrimp; cook 1 min. Add broth, tomatoes, and thyme; simmer 10 mins. Ladle 1/3 of soup into blender or food processor.
- Cover and blend until soup. Repeat with remaining soup. (if you have a vitamin, this can be down in larger amounts and faster) Return to saucepan.
- Add half and half. Heat through. DO NOT BOIL. I like to garnish with parmesan and parsley.
Apple and Pear Vinaigrette
- 4 TBLspoons olive oil
- 2 TBLspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 TBLspoons maple syrup
- juice from a lemon
- 1 red apple, cored
- 1 pear, cored
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Put all ingredients in Vitamix and blend away!
My goal is to use less bottled dressing this year. This recipe was delicious. Since it's pink, you should use it for your Valentine (if you don't demand someone else cook for you on Valentine's)
I prepared a romaine salad with blueberries, pear, honey goat cheese (the best), and a side of bacon. The salt of the bacon is a nice contrast to the sweetness of the fruit.
And there you have it!
Hope everyone had a fabulous holiday season!